Saturday 25 December 2010

Seriously volatile. Handle with care (but soon)

ExploitsExploits by Poppet

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read many books I would classify as all-time favourites over the last year, and here comes another one - Poppet's 'Exploits'.

It is chick-lit in structure, but it has been artisticly coated in sensual nitroglycerine to deliver the most explosive of authorial rub-downs on opening.

It is raw, spontaneously honest, and skin-tinglingly exciting, wrapped as it is around twists and writhings of plot and bodies.

It is about personal enslavement and the physical and emotional enjoyment that makes that enslavement possible - thus the pun of the title. It is also about being stripped to self-loathing by others before rebuilding your own sense of validity.

In short, it is about a young woman laid aggressively bare who doesn't necessarily want to be clothed but who does want to be safe and at home.

My only reservation - I cannot imagine the heroine Stef as a blonde. Definitely brunette, I would say.

And, very fortunately, I have another Poppet book to hand - 'Seithe' (a dark romance). Can't get enough.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Tim. I think you summed it up perfectly :D xx

    I'm glad you got to read it over Christmas. Buig hug!!

    Poppet

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did, didn't he?
    It's quite a book you've got there, m'dear.
    Now on to Seithe...

    x

    ReplyDelete